Have you heard about the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program?
The program is providing matched funds to newly started small businesses so they can access professional planning, coaching and training. Such advice is critical in the early phases of establishing a business. As you know, having the right structure and processes in place from the start can often give a business the platform it needs to survive those first tough five years.
Eligible businesses can apply for matched funding up to $5 000 to engage a consultant, advisor or business coach to assist in their initial planning stages.
The advice must fall under one or more of the following areas:
- professional business, tax, computing, legal or financial (accounting) advice
- business and strategic planning
- market research and marketing strategies, including branding strategies and social media/digital strategies.
To be eligible the business must:
- have a business name registered within the last four years
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
Applications are now open and full details, including application forms, are available here. If you are aware of small businesses that are eligible for this grant you are welcome to share this with them.
If you would like more information contact Mr John Monico, Policy Officer, Office of Small Business, on (07) 3333 5249.
The information and offering contained in this message is provided by the BNCC as information only and has not been reviewed, endorsed or recommended by the BNCC in any way.