Plan Your Brisbane
Council is encouraging Brisbane residents to join in on the conversation about planning our city's next chapter.
The Queensland State Government Regional Plan requires Brisbane City Council to cater for an extra 386,000 residents by 2041. That’s more than 1300 people moving to Brisbane each month.
As our city grows, Brisbane City Council is committed to working with the community to carefully plan for our future. By working together to create a charter that will help guide decisions, we can make sure our city thrives as a friendly and liveable place for future generations.
Plan Your Brisbane is a Council initiative that aims to engage with the Brisbane community to better understand how we can improve our city and plan for future growth together.
Brisbane residents have been participating in the Plan Your Brisbane initiative since September 2017, and we've already had thousands of responses! Here's what the initial Plan Your Brisbane survey that ran from September 2017 to February 2018 indicated:
- one of Brisbane’s greatest strengths is being liveable and friendly
- improved travel times and transport options as well as more greenspace and recreation areas would make Brisbane even better in the future
- some of the important challenges for our city to address include public transport, traffic congestion and preserving green space as our city continues to grow.
You still have the opportunity to have your say via the follow-up survey. Planning for Brisbane's future is about developing a clear balance between priorities and trade-offs. This survey asks how you think we should move Brisbane forward, and what is most important to you and your community.
Click here to take the survey.
In March and April, Council will be out and about at the following locations where you can come and discuss the future of our growing city:
- Saturday 24 March, 9.30am – Memorial Park, Bulimba
- Monday 26 March, 2.30pm – Wynnum Esplanade (near pool)
- Saturday 31 March, 9.30am – Orleigh Park, West End
- Saturday 31 March, 11.40am – Sandgate Aquatic Centre, Flinders Parade, Sandgate
- Wednesday 4 April, 12.30pm – QUT Kelvin Grove
- Monday 9 April, 2.30pm – Queen Street Mall, near Regent, Brisbane City
More information about these events can be found by clicking here.
The information and offering contained in this message is provided by the BNCC as information only and has not been reviewed, endorsed or recommended by the BNCC in any way.