Regular updates for business on the latest announcements from government and industry.
18 August 2021
- State Government announces restrictions to ease early in South East Queensland. From 4pm Friday August 20 gathering limits will increase along with some easing of mask requirements. Additional easing is expected from Friday 27 August 2021. Latest roadmap available here.
8 August 2021
- Lockdown lifted in 11 South East Queensland Local Government Areas, however some restrictions remain in place through to Sunday 22 August. Latest roadmap can be seen here.
2 August 2021
Lockdown extended through to 4pm Sunday 8 August across 11 Local Government Areas, including Brisbane. Latest roadmap
can be seen here.
State Government announces $5000 Business Support Grants for lockdown impacted businesses. Preliminary information can
be found here.
- Brisbane City Council announces parking meters will be free during lockdown in order to support essential workers. Further information can be found here.
23 July 2021
- Masks required for an additional week. However, other restrictions, including gathering limits, eased. Latest roadmap here.
16 July 2021
- Restrictions extended for an additional week. Latest roadmap here.
13 July 2021
- Restrictions including mandatory masks to end 6am Friday 16 July. See the latest roadmap here.
8 July 2021
- Check in QLD app to be mandatory from Friday 9 July for numerous business sectors in addition to hospitality. Find out more here including how businesses can register to use the app.
3 July 2021
- Lockdown ends 6pm. However a number of restrictions, including mask mandates, will remain in place through to 16 July. More detail regarding the latest restrictions for business can be found here. View the latest roadmap here.
29 June 2021
- Premier Annastasia Palaszczuk announces three-day lockdown commencing 6pm Tuesday 29 June.
29 June 2021
- Restrictions introduced across South East Queensland from 1am Tuesday 29 June. New measures including mask wearing, seated dining and drinking; and reduced venue capacity limits. Further details can be found here. The updated roademap can be found here.
14 April 2021
- Queensland restrictions to ease from 6am Thu 15 April. Masks will no longer be mandatory and will only be required for airports and flying. Here's the updated list of restrictions.
1 April 2021
- Lockdown lifted from 12noon on 1st of April 2021. Some restrictions, including indoor mask wearing, to remain until 15 April. Here is the updated list of business restrictions.
29 March 2021
- Greater Brisbane enters three day lockdown from 5pm Tuesday 29 March 2021. Non-essential businesses to close. Outside of home masks must to be carried at all times and worn in indoor spaces. Here's the full list of business restrictions.
21 January 2021
- Restrictions in Brisbane will ease from 1am Friday 22 January. Here's the updated roadmap including changes to gathering limits and mask requirements.
11 January 2021
- Brisbane lockdown ends but some restrictions to remain place until 22 January. Here's further details on what the changes mean for businesses. You can also read the Premier's statement here.
8 January 2021
- Greater Brisbane enters three day lockdown from 6pm Friday 8 January. Only essential businesses can remain open and mask wearing is mandatory outside the home. Here's the full list of business restrictions.
5 August 2020
- Premier Anastacia Palaszczuk announces the QLD border will close to NSW and ACT from 1am Saturday 8 August. Here's the latest on border closures and a link to apply for a Border Declaration pass.
21 July 2020
- The Federal Government has announced JobKeeper will be extended by 6 months to March 2021. Here's more detail from Treasury. You can also download a fact sheet detailing payment rates and eligibility criteria.
30 June 2020
- Premier advises QLD borders to reopen from Friday 10 July 2020. Restrictions remain in place for travellers from Victoria.
- Stage 3 easing of restrictions to commence from Friday 3 July 2020. Download the latest easing of restrictions roadmap.
16 June 2020
- State Government announces 2nd round of $10,000 grants for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Applications open 1 July 2020.
19 May 2020
- State Government announces $10,000 grants program for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
12 May 2020
11 May 2020
27 April 2020
23 April 2020
- State Government appoints Small Business Commissioner to handle leasing disputes during recovery.
16 April 2020
14 April 2020
- Is your business impacted by COVID-19? Use the Business Queensland Business Assistance Finder to discover what support is available to you.
7 April 2020
- National cabinet agrees states and territories will implement a mandatory code of conduct for commercial tenancies.
3 April 2020
2 April 2020
30 March 2020
- $130 billion JobKeeper payments package. Prime Minister announces $1500 per fortnight per elligible employee.
29 March 2020
- Stay informed. Government launches new “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join the WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.
27 March 2020
- Detailed explanation of Stage 2 Stimulus Package from our major partners at Northern Business Consultants.
26 March 2020
25 March 2020
24 March 2020
- Updated list of prohibited venues and activities
- Payroll tax relief. How to apply for two month refunds and a three month tax holiday.