Regular updates for business on the latest announcements from government and industry.
21 January 2021
- Restrictions in Brisbane will ease from 1am Friday 22 January. Here's the updated roadmap including changes to gathering limits and mask requirements.
11 January 2021
- Brisbane lockdown ends but some restrictions to remain place until 22 January. Here's further details on what the changes mean for businesses. You can also read the Premier's statement here.
8 January 2021
- Greater Brisbane enters three day lockdown from 6pm Friday 8 January. Only essential businesses can remain open and mask wearing is mandatory outside the home. Here's the full list of business restrictions.
5 August 2020
- Premier Anastacia Palaszczuk announces the QLD border will close to NSW and ACT from 1am Saturday 8 August. Here's the latest on border closures and a link to apply for a Border Declaration pass.
21 July 2020
- The Federal Government has announced JobKeeper will be extended by 6 months to March 2021. Here's more detail from Treasury. You can also download a fact sheet detailing payment rates and eligibility criteria.
30 June 2020
- Premier advises QLD borders to reopen from Friday 10 July 2020. Restrictions remain in place for travellers from Victoria.
- Stage 3 easing of restrictions to commence from Friday 3 July 2020. Download the latest easing of restrictions roadmap.
16 June 2020
- State Government announces 2nd round of $10,000 grants for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Applications open 1 July 2020.
19 May 2020
- State Government announces $10,000 grants program for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
12 May 2020
11 May 2020
27 April 2020
23 April 2020
- State Government appoints Small Business Commissioner to handle leasing disputes during recovery.
16 April 2020
14 April 2020
- Is your business impacted by COVID-19? Use the Business Queensland Business Assistance Finder to discover what support is available to you.
7 April 2020
- National cabinet agrees states and territories will implement a mandatory code of conduct for commercial tenancies.
3 April 2020
2 April 2020
30 March 2020
- $130 billion JobKeeper payments package. Prime Minister announces $1500 per fortnight per elligible employee.
29 March 2020
- Stay informed. Government launches new “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join the WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.
27 March 2020
- Detailed explanation of Stage 2 Stimulus Package from our major partners at Northern Business Consultants.
26 March 2020
25 March 2020
24 March 2020
- Updated list of prohibited venues and activities
- Payroll tax relief. How to apply for two month refunds and a three month tax holiday.