Your Personal Information and the Role of the Chamber
Personal information collected by the Brisbane North Chamber of Commerce is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the 'Privacy Act'). Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes sensitive health information.
The Chamber follows the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information from participants, business partners, sponsors and members of the public.
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide programs and services, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services. The kind of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with the Chamber (e.g. as a member, participant, sponsor, business partner, employee, volunteer or on line user of the Chamber website).
We usually collect personal information directly from you. However, we sometimes collect personal information from a third party, such as your trustee or authorised representative, or from a publicly available source, but only if:-
- you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way; or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose.
We only collect personal information for purposes that are reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
Your personal information may be used to:-
- provide you with goods or a service;
- provide you with educational information;
- report to government or other funding bodies about how the funding is used;
- process your sponsorship or purchase and provide receipts;
- communicate with you about how your sponsorship is used or about Chamber services, causes, events, products and services, which we believe may be of interest to you;
- respond to your feedback or complaints;
- answer your queries; and
- provide members/sponsors with details to communicate with you. In this regard you agree that when joining the Chamber that your details will be provided to other members of
the Chamber and to sponsors which will enable those parties to contact you directly in relation to the promotion of their goods and services, and you consent to us providing your
information to those parties for this purpose.
When a member confirms they have read and agreed to our Privacy Statement they agree to use members’ contact information respectfully, professionally and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice, particularly those relating to privacy, anti-spam and direct marketing activities.
A member’s right to use the BNCC member contact information may be withdrawn by the BNCC at any time if the member does not abide by these requirements and any other policy or standard of conduct issued by the BNCC from time to time. As a member you also agree that other members of the BNCC may use your contact information to communicate with you.
It may also be used for:-
- any other purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you; or
- directly related purposes.
We take steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information and government related identifiers held by the Chamber against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If you are listed on one or more of our network email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options noted in our emails.
How to contact us
Membership and Events Officer
Brisbane North Chamber of Commerce