Donations Open For Homeless Connect
Northside business owners are being called upon to support the 2021 Homeless Connect donation drive.
The annual event provides free services to people experiencing homelessness, or those at risk of homelessness.
This year's event will take place at Brisbane Showgrounds on November 18, with more than 1000 meals and hundreds of health checks expected to be provided to vulnerable residents.
Homeless Connect provides:
- Medical support such as doctors, dentists, optometrists, podiatrists and massage therapists
- Housing support and community support
- Haircuts by volunteer barbers and hairdressers
- Immunisation delivered by Brisbane City Council's immunisation team
- Personal grooming items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo and deodorant
- Clothing, including shoes
- Non-perishable food items
- Breakfast, lunch and live entertainment.
You can support Homeless Connect with non-perishable donations including:
- Muesli bars and snack bars
- Soup and instant meals
- Shaving cream and shaving blades
- Shower gel
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Donations can be dropped off at Councillor Adam Allan's Northgate Ward Office on St Vincent's Rd, Banyo up until 5 November.
Click here for further information including the opportunity to volunteer at the Homeless Connect event.