Female Founders Co-Investment Fund
About the program
The Female Founders Co-Investment Fund is a pilot fund that aims to support eligible businesses to leverage funding and secure new investment to build business capacity, and will:
- help Queensland female founders access Government funding,
- support Queensland female founders across a wide range of industries to grow innovative businesses,
- increase the number of female founders participating in the Queensland innovation ecosystem, and
- help to grow an investment pipeline for female founded businesses.
The female founder should:
- have a letter of support from the lead investment entity,
- have an established business plan,
- have a clear runway and growth plan for 12 months,
- have a clear innovation focus,
- be undertaking a new pre-seed or seed raise/investment, and
- plan to use the funding to scale their business.
Funding and support
The Fund provides grants from $50,000 to $200,000 matched at a 3:1 ratio over a period of 12 months, for either a single investment or a raise round led by an eligible investment entity.
To be eligible for funding, organisations must at the time of application:
- be a Queensland based business
- have an ABN and be registered for GST
- be a 100% female-founded business (as at the point of incorporation)
- have more than 50% female ownership (at the time of application)
- have no more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not have received investment through previous capital raises, grant funding or accelerators totalling more than $500,000
- not be a current or past recipient of the Ignite Ideas Fund
- be undertaking pre-seed or seed eligible investment from an approved eligible investor.
To find out more or to apply, visit the link below.