How to get the most out of networking
A key benefit of becoming a BNCC member is the access you get to a variety of networking opportunities – but how do you get the most results from these opportunities?
First of all the great news, if you didn’t already know, is that our monthly Night Owls networking events, held on the first Monday night of each month, are free to members.
Our Signature Events are also available to members at a discounted price.
Networking is one of the fastest ways to build strong relationships with prospects, add value to customers and connect with referral partners.
Our tips are:
- Get along to the events! Keep up to date with the various event notifications or check out the events on our website and Meet Up page.
- Think about what you want to achieve from the networking event you are attending. Do you want to connect with prospective customers? Or are you looking to identify potential referral partners? Thinking about the objectives for attending the event beforehand helps you focus your attention and energy on maximising the benefits you gain from your attendance.
- Be interested in other people and think about how you can assist them. No-one likes a blatant self promoter who has little interest in building mutually beneficial relationships. Ask questions to identify how you could assist fellow BNCC members, and they'll be more open to do the same for you.
- Follow up afterwards. If you happen to connect with someone at a networking meeting, keep up the communication afterwards. Connect with them on LInkedIn. Send them an article or website of interest, or introduce them to a potentially beneficial contact. The law of reciprocity applies... what you give, is likely to come back to you.
- Ask to be introduced to people. When you arrive at the event, find a Committee Member or another member who may be able to introduce you to the people you'd like to connect with. We're here to help you make the most of the networking events.
- Sponsor an event. This is a great way to get exposure for your business in lots of different ways. Each event has a set of sponsorship opportunities outlined on the website.
- Network online via the LinkedIn BNCC Group.
The first step is to register for an event. We look forward to seeing you at an event soon.