Covid Category For 2020 Business Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2020 Lord Mayor’s Business Awards.
This year’s event will have a special emphasis on the response to COVID-19 with a dedicated category for Excellence in Business Adaption.
There are ten award categories for business of all sizes including the popular micro business award which is open to sole traders and firms
from zero to four employees.
BNCC President, Simon Penrose, encouraged Northside businesses to nominate for this year’s awards.
“Across the community there have been numerous examples of businesses adapting and innovating in response to COVID-19.
“It would be a fitting tribute to see those efforts recognised and celebrated by the entire business community.”
Nominations close 11 September. Winners will be announced at a gala ceremony at City Hall on 26 November.
The eight award categories are:
• HSBC Award for Excellence in Business Adaptation
• CCIQ Award for Outstanding Small Business
• Award for Outstanding Micro Business
• Urban Utilities Award for Product Innovation
• Australia Pacific LNG Award for Business Innovation
• ISPT Award for Outstanding Social Enterprise
• ANZ Award for High Growth Business Start-Up
• Yurika Award for Environmental Sustainability in Business
There are also two categories open to individuals:
• Award for Young Business Person of the Year
• The Courier-Mail Award for Business Person of the Year
A final category will recognise an outstanding overall winner (not open to nominations):
• Optus Business Platinum Award
Click here for further information about the awards and for how to submit your nomination.